Sex Toy Guide for Beginner's
What is a Dildo or Vibrator?
So you've decided to finally get a cool bedside toy for yourself. But just which one? Well listen to what Alice has got to say and she will bring you and your body closer to harmony than you would have ever known! Men, pay attention too. Because I will tell you what to buy for her that will get you serious reward in bed; and why your sweetheart will NOT appreciate a toy called "20-inch Ballsy Super Cock Surprise" (sadly, it probably exists).
Dildos are toys that are designed for penetration (in either orifice) and they don't buzz. They come in a variety of materials, glass, silicone, steel, rubber etc...but the best material is of course silicone.
Vibrators on the other hand could be for external or internal pleasure, and well...vibrate. Quite strongly too. As a vibe virgin, you probably would be overwhelmed the first time round just like most of us girls were. It really is an amazing feeling that will make you want to lay there and melt away like a scoop of ice-cream under the sun.
It's true! There are now vibrators designed to pleasure both partners at the same time - and they work very very well as nothing beats sharing a wonderful orgasm with your partner.
More advanced toys such as the amazing LELO Tiani 24k or We-Vibe 4 Plus that is taking the world by storm are also now available. These U-Shaped vibrators are worn inside her when making love, buzzing both partners at the same time for an out-of-this-world orgasmic experience.
Our fine range of Couple toys here.
Bullets are little vibrating pills for self-pleasure and are generally shaped like a capsule about 4-7cm long. Usually attached via a thin wire to the power supply and speed control, bullets are small and discreet. They can be used externally on the clitoris or pushed inside for that extra bit of pleasure.
Guys, you probably want to pick one of these to start off with - they work great and don't look terrifying to girls, although a slight drawback is that Bullets won't give that fulfulling feeling like classic vibes do when inserted.
Our fine range of Bullet vibes here.
Eggs aren't exactly egg-shaped, these new-age vibrators look like...well...mice. You know, computer mice. In fact, they look so much like mice, you can leave them near your computer and I doubt anyone will even notice.
So how do they work? They are external clitoral stimulators, providing an extra powerful buzz to the ladies' hot spot. Eggs were developed mainly by women and marketed to women - luxury brands like Lelo, Je Joue and Nomi Tang are building these wonderfully gorgeous vibrators that look like art showpieces. Men, pay attention - THESE make wonderful presents. They're beautifully packaged, gorgeously designed and have been reviewed extensively by top women's magazines around the world. But don't you get jealous straight away, in fact your girl can use it while you are working hard inside her - just watch her explode.
Our fine range of Egg vibes here.
Yes, we've all heard about the G-spot. But I think it's time to give the clueless a quick lesson. The G-spot, or Gräfenberg Spot, is an erogenous spot one to three inches inside the vagina, on the front wall. This spot, if stimulated can produce ultra-intense orgasms.
With this incredible discovery in mind, many curved sex toys have been designed to reach the big G. Most G-spot toys are penetrative (obviously), and have a little 'hook' at the end.
So grab a G-spot vibrator and see if can find your G-spot this evening; getting your significant other to help can be a rather interesting exercise in itself.
Our fine range of G-spot vibes here.
Pocket-sized vibrators are small mini-vibes designed to fit in your purse. Most are no more than two-thirds the entire length of your hand; shorter than a pencil but slightly longer than your lipstick. Great for travel, you can slip one in the handbag or in your pocket. The small size also makes it look less intimidating to anyone receiving it as a gift.
Our fine range of Pocket vibes here.
Rabbits are possibly the most famous vibrators out there. If you saw a picture of a vibrator, it most probably would be a rabbit. Rabbits are so called, because of the extra vibrating attachment that sticks out from the side of the vibrator - these 'bunny ears' are perfectly placed to get the 'hood in the mood'.
Rabbits have perhaps the most well-rounded performance and effective vibrator design to date. Nothing else comes close for pure pleasure. Some rabbits even feature two dedicated motors for stimulation internally and externally. If you just had to pick one vibe, rabbits are the way to go!
Our fine range of Rabbit vibes here.
Wands are shaped like traditional back massagers and deliver the most powerful vibrations of all. They also have very "family-friendly" looks - so the in-laws don't ask funny questions if they stumble upon your private stuff.
Older wands have to be plugged into the wall for power, while the newer wands run on batteries or powerful rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries. Wands that are designed for intimate pleasure are quite different from back massagers you see in lifestyle stores, the rythym and strength of the vibrations have been tuned to deliver pleasure - not pain or numbness. Normal back massagers thump too hard, or too not vibrate quickly enough. So let's get this clear - our wands are really, really different!
Oh, and guys - using a wand on her, will make you perform like a... ahem... wizard in bed.
Our fine range of Wand vibes here.
Now our range of realistic dildos are fantastic. We have handmade dual density silicon dildos that feel exactly like the real thing - and made from super safe silicon material. We do not sell rubber or plastic dildos that are made from suspect materials.
The range from Vixen Creations are hand made by artists in the USA and some even come with suction cups so they can stick on mirrors, chairs, walls or in the bathroom! Dildos do not usually vibrate, but if you apply a vibrator to the bottom of the dildo while inserted, it turns into a vibrating dildo! Dildos are fantastic for ladies who want to give different sizes a try, or their lucky partners a show!
But don't worry guys, you will not be made redundent anytime soon. Yes these awesome dildos might feel great but they will never provide intimacy - which is what your partner wants most!
Our fine range of Dildos here.
Safety is our top concern when it comes to products to be used so intimately with your loved ones. And now that we have travelled around the globe and spoken to manufacturers and brands, we are in fact even more concerned about the quality of products that we sell. Most toys, even some marketed by big brand names won't cut our strict quality standards.
1. Cancer causing - Cheaper toys, or those made by manufacturers cutting corners can be made from sub-standard or hazardous materials that might be cancer causing. Such sex toys are made of so-called "jelly rubber" which contains the cancer causing chemical Phthalate. They usually are found in cheaper sex toys. In studies, Phthalates can intefere with sperm production and possibly infant genital development. In the USA, some states have banned Phthalates in children's toys but unfortunately there are no such regulations for adult toys. While widely available at other stores, you will not find a "jelly rubber" product in our store today.
2. Poor manufacturing standards - Some sex toys have great design, but look closer especially around the edges and seals that have excess plastic. Excess plastic caused by poor injection moulding process during production are razor sharp and can cut and cause infections. Just imagine a toy with sharp edges being inserted into intimate areas. Quality standards are regularly checked by us, to make sure the brands are delivering what they promise at our store.
3. Unsuitable materials - Some materials (even plastics) are porous, which means water can be absorbed into it. If water can be absorbed into it, this also means that bacteria can breed in the same material and should not be used for surfaces that is intrusive. Of course you could slap on a condom over the product and cross your fingers. We cannot imagine inserting a bacteria laden toy into the intimate areas of our loved ones and will never allow our customers to purchase such toys from us today.
4. Imitations - Pirated versions of branded sex toys can be purchased at a fraction of original costs. A big giveaway is if the product can be found at a big discount from Retail Prices that are set by manufacturers. Sometimes "Too good to be true prices" are really too good to be true. Now these imitation sex toys are usually copied by small factories that use the cheapest materials available. These could mean anything from cancer causing materials, to toys with electric motors that could explode during use. It's horrible but very real. We have came across a few suppliers that tried to offer us such toys and even passed us samples. The packaging and toys look very close to the original. In some cases, we could not tell them apart - until upon closer inspection. Subtle signs such as perfume smells* from the products that are not present on original toys. Mispellings on the packaging and manuals are also small giveaways. At our store, we only deal with original manufacturers and products. We do not even entertain "close copies" of products.
5. Reliability - Sex toys not only have to be made from good materials, but have to be reliable. Vibrating motors for example should be engineered from high quality gears and batteries. An unreliable product could not only breakdown, but a part might come loose and cause injury. Sometimes you might wonder why our store does not stock a particular popular product - often reliability issues are the main reason. Even if the product sells well, we will stop selling it as it is not reliable.